5/12/23

Tucker Carlson on Physical Books

I'm not a regular Tucker watcher by any means, but I was intrigued by the title of this one when I saw it on YouTube.  I've become more and more an advocate for keeping physical books, because more and more unseen web-editors are able to "tweak" the information we have access to online - or just remove it.  Many of us have seen "Wikipedia wars" as articles are edited and re-edited by contributors with opposite interpretations of a given event.  Of course, we all remember the confusion, contradictory messages, and moves toward censorship in 2020.  Many of us were left wondering, "Which voices can I even trust?"

I've been wondering for a while if physical reference books like dictionaries and even physical encyclopedias are going to suddenly become more appreciated, and perhaps even make a little comeback in terms of sales.  

So I was curious about what Tucker would say in this clip.  His comment about "only work with things you can smell - pets, people, physical books" in an increasingly digitized world reminds me a bit of Gandalf the Wizard's quip: "When in doubt, always follow your nose."

If nothing else, this line of reasoning gives us a justification for the purchase of yet another book. 


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home