9/13/06

State of the Church Survey

The "Connectional Table" (which is supposed to be the means of coordination of the various General Boards and Agencies of The United Methodist Church) has put up this survey for a few days asking all comers about the "state of the church." I suppose they will at least discover the popular opinions of internet users who are also disposed to taking surveys, for whatever that is worth to the church big-whigs. I noticed that a number of questions dealt with the church's official position on homosexual practice, which I thought was at least curious ("why are they asking about this and not something else...") since I thought the Connectional Table was primarily a means of coordination of resources/efforts. There were also some questions about bureaucracy, "power cliques," apportionments, and allocation of funding along with questions of "clergy excellence."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Woolever said...

I took this survey today. They ask a lot of personal info. I wonder if they're going to pass my views onto my Bishop! Maybe she would call me and we could talk about homosexuality over a bucket of chicken at KFC!

10:04 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

ha, i also thought they asked a whole lot of personal info. i think LOTS of different things could be read into some of those questions (depending on what one is disposed to read into it), so I tried not to do so too much...but it is hard not to entertain a number of theories.

1:46 PM, September 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the Methodist is church is doing an online survey. Whats next, are they going to internet quizzes for you to take?

9:12 PM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home