2/17/10

Favorite Short Theology books

I love small books. They are easy to carry around, can somtimes fit in your pocket, and usually are pretty quick reads - which gives me a feeling that I've accomplished something very valuable with my life. What are your favorite/most influential short (around 150 pages or less) theological or spiritual writings?

Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order:

The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

The Lord and His Prayer by N.T. Wright

On the Incarnation by St. Athanasias (introduced by C.S. Lewis)

Evangelicals on the Canterbury Trail by Robert E. Webber

Eight Life-Enriching Practices of United Methodists by Henry H. Knight III

Announcing the Reign of God by Bishop Mortimer Arias

Of True Religion by St. Augustine

Many of the 90-ish page small books of the Upper Room Spiritual Classics Series are quite good as well. These books provide an easy way to dip into the writings of, say, St. Augustine or John Wesley or the Desert Fathers & Mothers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

Today I got my copy of NT Wright's very small "The Challenge of Easter" (64 pages!) - we will see if it is good enough to be added to the list. And maybe to my Bible study's to do list...

11:40 AM, February 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home