3/25/07

Evolution of a worshipper


Don't you love/hate when you see something hilarious that is also uncomfortably close to home? In addition to my life this cartoon reminds me of Rob Webber's theory that lots of young Evangelicals end up on "The Canterbury Trail." If you look in the right side of my title banner you will see a scene from Sunday Worship at Cox Chapel of Highland Park United Methodist Church, and (I am not entirely certain but) there is a good chance that I am the person in front with the processional cross lifted high...

I found this awesome cartoon here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a freaking awesome cartoon. Thanks for turning me on to it.

On the original blog you got it from, the question was raised:

Is it evolution from the left to the right, or right to the left.

Y'know, my trajectory (and yours) has been from left to right. But I know many who's evolution is from right to left.

Now, I find myself quite comfortable and happy on both extremes of the chart, but with some serious critiques of both (but, at this point in my life a I generally lean right).

What shall we say to this?

Which way is "true" evolution?

10:26 AM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

Good point. I took it as left to write because, even though I am left-handed by nature, I have conformed myself to an oppresive right-handed world (this is the reason that I, as an oppressed lefty, have greater insight into the true meaning of the Bible than others [note: sacrasm here]). So I tend to read left to right as an English speaker. But if my first language were Hebrew, like YHWH's is, then maybe I would read it the other way. Hmmm....maybe there is something to ponder there

3:36 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

Correction: "left to right"

3:37 PM, March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home