5/2/06

Interesting blogs worth reading

Here are a few of the interesting posts I just ran accross at Wesley Daily:

Wal-Mart Observations isn't it ironic that the same folks who are cursing Wal-Mart claim to be in solidarity with poor illegal immagrants?

Oh Say Can you Sing? thoughts about why we should change our National Anthem. (I must be honest here, I have always thought the current song both hard to sing and not particularly pretty or powerful).

The Chief benefit of the DaVinci Code: could this entertainment phenomenon reveal what our "Christian nation" really believes about Jesus?

The Bible and "inclusive language" only your seminary professor really cares?

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

The Bible and "inclusive language" only your seminary professor really cares?

But boy do they care!

3:16 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

Yeah; when I was at LSU my insidious radical Literary "higher criticism" (crazy?) English professors said that our language constructs our identity and value systems. Thus to control the language is to control the masses (as in Orwell's book 1984). I have often thought it funny (or really sick?) that those same people who REALLY believe that stuff are the ones who insist upon the use of inclusive language (even though that isn't what I learned in elementary school). Could they be trying to control us? Hmmm.... That doesn't sound very open-minded and inclusive and tolerant to me, but whatever.

5:53 PM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home